Resources and Graduate Student Life
Grad Affairs administers all graduate programs across SDSU. They evaluate and make final decisions about:
- Student standing in the program
- Eligibility for registration or employment
- Programs of study
- Petitions for exceptions
- Leaves of absence
- Eligibility for advancement to candidacy
- Appointment of thesis committees
- Eligibility for graduation
Please refer to the Graduate Handbook, which lays out all rules and guidelines about the above issues, as well as offering other key resources and links.
How do you get in touch with Graduate Affairs?
Campus office: SSE 1410 | Phone: (619) 594-5213 | Fax: (619) 594-0189 | Email: [email protected]
Please use the above phone and email for any general questions about university-wide policies, procedures, or requirements. Always include your RedID number in your requests. They are open M-F 9:00am-4:00pm.
For specific questions regarding your own student record or standing, your key contacts are Student Services Professionals tasked with doing degree evaluations and assisting graduate students (by the first letter of your last name).
- A-F: Briana Dallo, Email: [email protected] | Phone: (619) 594-1506
- G-O: Jennifer Logan, Email: [email protected] | Phone: (619) 594-6367
- P-Z: Cristina Sanchez, Email: [email protected] | Phone: (619) 594-1356
Additonal Resource Links
- Graduate Student Association
- SDSU Library
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Associated Students
- Cultural Centers
- Barron Veterans Center
- List of Campus Services, including Grad-Specific Resources, Wellness and Support Services, Academic Services, Thesis and Research-related Services, and Economic Resources
Professor Kristen Maher
Office: Nasatir Hall (NH) 121
Email: [email protected]
Advising Hours (Fall 2023)
- In-person office hours (NH 121): TH 12:45-2:15, or by appointment
- Virtual office hours by Zoom: T 1:15-2:45, or by appointment